09 June 2009

Tired of politics

I normally enjoy keeping up with the news, you know, all those earthquakes, wars, celebrity nonsense, and the occasional incompetence shown in the political world. But lately, I've felt overwhelmed by the media's coverage of the British political scene.

Normally, I try to keep neutral politically. I don't vote, or express favour in ANY way for one party or another. I have tried hard to keep a respectful attitude towards the positions that various people in authority have over the populace. I've always known that people in "power" do not really work in the best interests of the people they are meant to govern. After all, the Bible speaks about "man dominating man to his injury" (Ecclesiastes 8:9). It's just that we seem to have our noses rubbed in the ineptitude and apparent corruption of the ruling classes nowadays, and you know what? I AM SICK OF IT ALL!

So from now on, I intend to make merely a cursory glance at any news about what MPs and others in authority are up to and just let them get on with it. I am sincerely glad that the world's governments are ALL going to be done away with by God's Kingdom in the near future. Read these Bible passages, Daniel 7:13-14 and Matthew chapters 24 and 25, for more on this.

What we need are some rulers who are incorruptible, fair, just and kind. Just like the Bible promises. Now THAT is news to spend a lot of time on...

No comments:

Post a Comment